Saturday, November 23, 2013

two bees or not two bees, that is the question...

Ok, not sure if you believe in this but I'm going to say this anyway because it is oddly relevant. According to the "Animal Spirit Guides" (by S.D. Farmer), call on a bee if "you're engaged in a project that requires persistence and perseverance in order to see it through to completion"... ok... I DID NOT call on the bees... I really didn't... perhaps I should have, and apparently the universe called for me because the bees arrived on Friday... not a few bees, but THOUSANDS of bees! I look out my window, and the air in front of my house is filled with a massive swarm of bees. They proceed to make themselves at home in a bush on the corner of my property, perhaps 20 feet away from my window... Humm... so me being me, I go and look at the animal spirit guide book out of curiosity (and a need for some cosmic explanation because that makes it all the more interesting), and it said that if bees show up it means:

 "it's time to get organized and get to work on that idea that you want to implement and       develop....approach your projects with commitment, diligence, and dedication, this is a very productive cycle for you, so stay with whatever you're working on, and there will be a favorable outcome"
(aka : get off facebook and get your PhD moving ahead already!)... wow, ok... thanks for that - I nice letter in the post would have sufficed (other than the letter b ... sorry, couldn't resist that one... anyway, moving on...

Probably good that a gila monster didn't show up because that would mean "don't start any new major projects until the timing is more appropriate"... and that's been my excuse for ages now so there was no need for that one to show up... although it would have been rather affirming...

Lucky for me, I live in a groovy little community where all I needed to do was post on our local facebook page (seeeeee, I knew I had to stay on there for some reason!) that the bees had arrived, and in 15 minutes, I had someone come over in their bee suit (seriously, I live in the coolest village) and remove the swarm and give them a happy home.
Funny enough, another person from the village had also posted that his swarm had disappeared (who knew that many people here were that bee literate?!)...  I find it rather funny that someone would even post that their bees have gone awol... like a run away dog... lost: swarm of bees, around 50,000, don't come when called, yellow and black, make buzzing noise...

Here's another interesting me/bee fact - this is not the first time that this has happened to me. The last house I lived in was also visited by a swarm of bee right outside of my front door. What are the odds?

and a final me/bee fact: my name means honey bee in Greek:

So there you have it - two bees or not two bees (more like too many bees)... if that was the question... 

I hear the answer loud and clear...
and so it's back to work I go... bzzzzzzz 



No comments:

Post a Comment