Monday, November 18, 2013

from december 22, 2012

A post from another blog I write which I'm now combining into one:

I'm noticing the good life...

Well this has been an amazing time... the reason I haven't posted is because, honestly, my life has gotten so much richer and more interesting since I left Facebook. Coincidence? Maybe... but the day I deactivated the account I got a call from a great friend in Germany and a surprise visit from folks who I haven't seen in years who happened to be passing through the area where I live... the universe was saying "look into the real world for real people and they are there..." ... at least that's my interpretation of it.

so many weird and wonderful things have been going on lately and they all involve people and connection and I am really enjoying it...

I have a confession though - I did log in today because I needed to send someone a message and didn't have their email address. In doing this, I was briefly drawn into reading this that and the other thing, but soon deactivated after hearing back from her. Mission accomplished - moving on.

Another thing I'm noticing is how much Facebook had become part of my daily routine. Kind of like smoking... wake up, look at facebook. Eat... look at facebook afterwards... do anything... look at facebook afterwards for a break... I do miss our little community trading post, and am tempted to go back just for that, but I will resist for now.

I am enjoying the people and the lack of computer time... and the things that I am doing instead (swimming in the sea... walking the dog with my kiddo... doing cryptic crosswords... meeting up with friends...talking to friends) ...

Life is good (well, it always was - I'm just noticing it a bit more now)

No comments:

Post a Comment